søndag den 21. oktober 2012

AATP New Release: Cock Robin~Mother Goose~



I must admit, that when I saw the name of this series and then took a quick glance at the pieces, something did not seem to match up to me. Alice and the Pirate's new release named "Cock Robin~Mother Goose~" is a very dark series that is inspired by the old nursery rhyme "Who Killed Cock Robin?" or just "Cock Robin", a rhyme apparently attributed to the imaginary author Mother Goose. I had never heard of this rhyme before, but after reading it, I understand the feel of this series much better. The rhyme is surprisingly macabre!
With this release, Alice and the Pirates stay in their niche of making prints inspired by old litterature, though it's the first time I've seen a print inspired by a nursery rhyme!

Reservations started this Friday, October 19th. 

 This series is a collection of goodies for both people who enjoy boystyle and lolitas! Also, I think that according to the sizes, a lot of taller and plus-sized lolitas are gonna be very happy with this series! I might just hunt a piece down myself!

Your choices of colorways are bordeaux, navy and black. 


In this series we've got two JSK's, just named Jumper Skirt I and II, and a corset skirt. Pictured above is JSK I, which is my personal favorite piece of the series because of the nice, corset-like fit (it even has corset-like panels!) and because of the skirt part! I love how the skirt is ruched up a little bit. It is a very elegant detail. Also, I like the glittering chiffon-layers at the bottom (though the material looks a little.. stretchy to me?) I think the layering at the bottom has a bit of a gothic feel to it and matches well with the Lacy Fairytale blouse (see below). JSK II has a more simple skirt, with the chiffon-layering at the bust area instead. To me it looks like the neckline sits a little low and the design is too simple for my taste with the only detail being the layering at the neckline, chiffon trimming at the hem and a ribbon around the waist. Personally, I'd go for JSK I because of the elegant cut!

The series has two blouses, and I find this one in particular to be very unusual and interesting! At first I thought the see-through lace-sleeves looked a bit odd (I think they'd look much better on a person!) but when you remove the cravat you see a very charming sweetheart line on the bust, which I think kind of ties in the lace-parts of the dress and looks very charming! At first I didn't like the blouse much, but it's growing on me! The other blouse is a little odd with the one ruffle running down the front of the blouse, but I think the finished product looks a lot better than the drawing did. It would look pretty good in the boystyle coord!

Now for some goodies for the boystyle lovers! Alice and the Pirates have released a pair of short pants and a printed vest for this series. The pants are the ones pictured above! I think the cuffs of the pants look very cute, though a tad oversized. They have kind of a punky feel to them because of the belt details, which I think gives them a nice edge. I guess they could look very cute in a coord with the awesome vest to make the top-part of the coord match the busyness of the cuffs, because as it is now, it looks a little unbalanced to me. Also, I think it's a little strange that the pants have Alice and the Pirates written on the butt! It reminds me of those sweatpants that have "Sexy words" printed on the back. Is that just me? All in all, I think the boystyle pieces have the potential to make an awesome and flashy kodona-type coord!
The accessories for this series include a cameo-adorned bow, a very pretty headdress (I like the use of feathers to match the rhyme!), a tie (see below) and a simple rosary necklace, but instead of socks, we get printed tights! I think the tights are very unusual in themselves, as we usually see socks and OTK socks in any new series. The print is a simple ribbon running down the back of the tights, and with little crosses up the front. The print is very crisp and incredibly detailed! The tights are available in black and white.

Since close-ups of the print have yet to be released, the tie is what gives us the best indication of what the print looks like up close! It looks like frames or gravestones with verses from the rhyme written on them, and signs above a fairytale or forest-like landscape and a lodge among the trees. The print looks very detailed and gives off the feel of old book illustrations.

I think we have reason to look forward to some very elegant boystyle and Gothic lolita coords with this series! And I look forward to seeing if they continue on this poetry and nursery rhyme inspired route.

What do you guys think of this series? What other poetry or rhymes would you like to see turned into a print?


All pictures in this article belong to Alice and the Pirates/Baby the Stars Shine Bright

Ingen kommentarer :

Send en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...