torsdag den 26. juni 2014

My Lolita Playlist

Now that I've finally finished my exams, I want to start summer vacation with this short and simple post, where I share the songs I like to listen to, when in Lolita!

It's of course a little different, depending on which Lolita style I'm wearing. Every outfit has a different aesthetic which fits a different mood and a different atmosphere, and therefore, a different type of music. However, the following are the ones that makes me think of Lolita the most.

Defying Gravity from Wicked
BI'm being myself, and I'm doing what most people feel like you "can't do", when I'm in Lolita. As such, I feel like this song is very fitting. In Lolita, you're reaching for the stars! The highest form of beauty, in your own eyes.  

Ever, Ever After by Carrie Underwood
Because in Lolita, we all feel like every day princesses. What movie better captures that, than "Enchanted"? This song really captures the magic of Lolita to me.

Never Underestimate a Girl by Vanessa Hudgens
This song is very empowering, I think. I feel strong in a feminine way, when wearing Lolita. Like someone you shouldn't mess with, even if I don't look like it.

For the First Time in Forever from Frozen
This one is hilarious to listen to while getting ready for a meet-up! It really puts me in the mood for going out and looking elegant.. Or, like the "picture of sophisticated grace", haha!


Rise like a Phoenix by Conchita Wurst
This is another song that I find to be very empowering. After a long time of looking my worst, and then finally being able to dress to the nines the way I like, feels kind of like a frilly rebirth, doesn't it?


Rum Pum Pum by F(x)
I admit I don't speak even a little bit of korean, but I listen to quite a bit of K-pop, and for some reason, this always makes me think of Lolita when I listen to it. I think it's the combination of femininity and strength. It has a very strong sounding chorus. When walking around town in Lolita, I can't help but lift my chin a bit higher when listening to this one.


These are just some of my favorite songs to listen to, while in Lolita.

Specifically when wearing gothic or darker Classic Lolita, I also enjoy listening to Versailles. Their sound is so aristocratic! I'll put some of their songs below.


Aristocrats Symphony by Versailles


Princess by Versailles


Last but not least, I still really enjoy McMelody Doll, haha! Even if she's old news, she's still hilarious, I think!

What are some of your favorite songs to listen to, when you're all frilled up? Let me know if there's anything you think I should check out!

Oh, and have a great summer vacation!
Those of you who're not there yet; Stay strong!

2 kommentarer :

  1. I listen to a lot of K-pop too! I find that I listen to a lot of VIXX and EXO when I'm in frills... also, have you heard of the anime Love Live? It's a multimedia project, and they've actually released a TON of music. I like listening to their songs too, since they're really cute and happy.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I haven't heard about that animé, but I'm gonna check it out right now! It looks really cute, and the animation looks pretty impressive, actually.

      I love EXO! :D They're my favorite group right now (but I'm a big fan of Super Junior, Girls Generation and multiple others, too)

      Slet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...