fredag den 27. december 2013

LBC: New Years Resolutions for Lolita Fashion 2014!

2013 is coming to an end as I climb out of my Christmas-related hibernation, and with this post, that is of course prompted by the Lolita Blog Carnival, I say hello to another year in Lolita fashion! This year I will be marking my 4th anniversary as a Lolita, and it doesn't look like I'll be slowing down at all. If anything else, I am getting more and more "evolved" as a Lolita, if that is even a thing. I'm adding to my wardrobe at a more and more steady pace, which has gotten easier since I moved out and am in control of my own funds.

Having the goal of building a workable and "complete" wardrobe comes with some less exciting points as well, though. Less exciting in the Lolita-related sense- as it is always more exciting than regular clothes shopping, IMO.

My top New Years Resolution for Lolita fashion in 2014 must be: 
Acquiring more of the Basic Building Blocks!
I really need some more long-sleeved blouses. Especially white ones. To most people, this might sound really, really dull but I'm actually looking forward to it a little bit. Blouses are nowhere near as eyecatching or striking as dresses, but I have a fondness for them. High-collared ones in all their victorian elegance, adorable round collars, bows and princess sleeves.. Yes, please!

Also, I need shoes. Desperately. I think my bad experience the last time I purchased shoes threw me off of the shoe train. I wore my Bodyline shoes once, and at the end of the day they had gotten some nasty black marks. I didn't even do anything! Seriously! Also, I hate running the risk of purchasing a nice pair of shoes in the correct size, and then they turn out to be too small. That's happened a couple of times as well.

With the "responsible one" out of the way, my next New Years resolution would be getting my hands on some more bonnets. Big, stiff-brimmed ones! I have fallen head over heels in love! A couple of cheap but beautiful ones have caught my eye on Taobao. I can't wait!

Last but not least, I'm gonna start taking sewing classes!
This is a big one for me, as I've been wanting to learn sewing for years now, but I've decided that it's finally time! I'll be working my butt of by the sewing machine a couple of times a week, and I hope to be able to finish with creating my very own JSK out of some gorgeous cardsuit fabric that's been collecting dust in my treasure chest for the last 1½ years. 
(Yup, I tend to push even fun stuff way too far into the future for some reason.)
I might show you guys a sketch I've been working on, soon!

I've got a deal worked out with a friend of mine that we'll make a custom mannequin out of old t-shirts and duct tape, that I can use as a model for my (hopefully many) future sewing project. 
I'll let you know how that turns out!

So, looks like it's gonna be a pretty good year, if I can just grab myself by the collar and get going!
What are your New Years Resolutions for 2014?
Also, if you want a clue at what you can expect for the rest of the carnival gang, check out the links below!

2 kommentarer :

  1. It is possible to remove black marks on shoes with nail polish remover! I put a Q-tio into the nail polish remover bottle, let it soak and then rub it over the mark. Maybe repeat.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you! :D I'll tentatively give it a go.. I'm a bit afraid that it'd eat more of the colors on my shoe, but it's worth a try. They look horrible as is!

      Slet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...